Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Flaneuring About

Flaneur: A wanderer through a city (I learned this word from James McAvoy in the play Three Days of Rain)
This is a pretty apt description of the last few days for me, except that it doesn't mention the part where I am usually lost. Oh well, not all definitions can be complete.
I just wanted to let you all know that I am in fact alive. I am currently in a very swanky and beautiful hostel in Venice right on the Grand Canal but since I wrote you last, I also finished my stay in Austria with a night in Innsbruck. Yesterday I literally travelled from the Alps to the Ocean in some of the most beautiful countryside I have ever seen. Today I will explore Venice and eat more gelato, and tomorrow I'm off to Pisa!

2 comments:

  1. Flaneur - great word! Remember - lost is a relative concept - it may be that you just don't know precisely where you are at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yessssssss I am sure you are doing a wonderful job of being a flaneur! Sounds like you're having some wonderful adventures and I can't say enough how super jealous I am. Or how much I miss our London escapades. <3 <3 Continue those safe travels!
    -Kat

    ReplyDelete